Saturday, January 29, 2011

Disney is AMAZING!

For those of you who haven't heard yet... I am having the time of my life, and I have only been here 4 days!
I know I have tons to get you all caught up with, but this is the first time I have gotten the internet working in my apartment.  I am sitting here next to my roomie at the one and only desk in our apartment.  Brittany and I both have MAC computers and our internet was being weird, so we are now catching up with everything that has happened since we got here.
Check-in was great.  The day was kind of rainy, but it didn't end up raining until we got into the tents, so that worked out well.  We stood in a long line, for about an hour.  We had heard that they opened at 8am instead of 9am which is what all the papers said, so we got to Vista Way(where we had to check in) around 7am.  When the gate opened at 8am, we went back to the welcome center and started the process.  First, we had to fill out some paperwork, then we went to go get our apartment assignment.  I was the chosen one who got the important responsibility to choose our housing for us.  After all that happened, we got our keys and our id's to get into our complex, then got on a bus to go to casting.  At the casting building, we turned in all of our paperwork like our I-9 and W-2's. We also found out our work location!  I am officially working at Epcot!!!! Then we got finger printed and did some other stuff. The last thing we did was got our schedules.  My schedule says that I report to a class called welcome to entertainment on monday. Somehow I got lucky and I have the whole weekend off. This whole process took us from 7am (when we started to line up) to about 11am (when we were done at casting).  Then my roomies and I all went to lunch at Chick-fil-a, and started to move into our apartment.  We had a little bit of time to move in before we had our housing meeting.  Our housing meeting took about 2 hours. By then we were exhausted so we went grocery shopping and had dinner, then we watched some tv and went to bed. 

That was day one!! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment